Dr. Leo Arellano
Serving general and cosmetic dentistry patients in San Francisco for more than 25 years, Dr. Arellano is an experienced dentist dedicated to providing superior care. His results have earned him the highest ratings in quality and customer satisfaction.
At the cosmetic dentistry practice of Leo Arellano, D.D.S., our main priorities are comfort, safety, and technology. That is why we maintain strict infection control standards, and utilize advanced diagnostic tools for the early detection of problems in your mouth. Through use of the intraoral camera and digital X-ray radiography, Dr Arellano is easily able to identify areas of decay or infection and recommend the proper course of treatment. These cutting edge tools are a fast and effective solution for promoting the oral health and beauty of our general and cosmetic dentistry patients.
Accreditations, Awards and Credentials
- UCLA (1974 – 1977); UCSF (1977 – 1979) » B.S. in Dental Hygiene
- UCSF School of Dentistry (1979 – 1984) » Rated Top 10 Best Dental Schools in the nation – DDS Degree
- Completed University of the Pacific School of Dentistry’s Periodontic Study Club periodontal surgery courses (1991 – 1995)
- Member: American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Member: American Dental Association
- Member: California State Dental Association
- Member: San Francisco County Dental Society
- Board Member: Fisherman’s Wharf Rotary Club (1999 – 2007)
- Member: The Implant Team Study Club
- Diamond Certified Rated (2005 – 2007)
- ValueStar Rated
- Awarded “The 2010 Bay Area Top Doctors and Dentists Award” by Doctors Improving Healthcare in partnership with NBC Bay Area
- Certified by the Institute of Advanced Laser Dentistry in the use of Nd:YAG laser in 2006
- Licensed to perform Laser Periodontal Therapy using LANAP protocol
- Co-Founder of Mobile CT Imaging » the 1st Mobile Dental CT X-ray company on the West Coast
- Completed Dr. Peter Dawson’s “Concept of Complete Dentistry” courses
- Completed Dr. Frank Spear’s “Seattle Institute of Advanced Dental Education” courses
- Completed the American Academy of Implant Dentistry’s bone and soft tissue grafting courses
- Rated “Exceptional Dental Office” by Tom Terry’s Dental Compliance and Safety for “establishing and maintaining a patient safety standard that far exceeds government standards.
- Green Business Bureau’s Gold certification status.
Advanced Techniques and Technologies
- Digital Radiography: Using less radiation than conventional dental x-rays, this technology allows the dentist to visualize all of your teeth, your jawbone, nerves and your sinus. Additionally, they can image your TMJ (jaw joint) and other structures of the head and neck.
- Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®): the first and only FDA-approved laser treatment for Periodontitis. With this treatment, a PerioLase® laser targets diseased tissue with little effect on healthy tissue.